- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is ready to accept all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters regional 117 internal applicants will get very first consideration. $1.00 each hour through the base wage shall be diverted towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, resume cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard performing hours are 40 hours each week. Candidates must certanly be open to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the conditions associated with the Fair work guidelines Act and it is perhaps maybe perhaps not overtime-eligible.
JOB EXPLANATION: The responsibilities of the category include supervising workers whom monitor, run and keep maintaining a wastewater therapy center, collection and conveyance system. Incumbents make sure conformity with appropriate neighborhood, Washington State and air that is federal wastewater and security laws and demands as they are in charge of preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the job of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations group. Supervisory duties include employing, review and evaluate worker task performance and supply constructive feedback; provide mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of the team in addition to planning that is long-range scheduling of the team. Ensure completion that is timely quality of work because of the team. Be involved in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition materials and equipment, maintain inventory, make sure requisition procedures are followed and work out budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned section of major construction tasks with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide technical expertise on long-range unique tasks; offer way to senior staff on unique jobs.
- Assist senior staff in scheduling and prioritizing work requests along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and offer training to other people and protect training documents on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control decisions.
- Coordinate unit, division along with other agencies’ reactions to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; simply simply take action that is corrective appropriate. Could be accountable for news contact. Ensure adherence to any or all policies, criteria and procedures.
- Run, monitor and control gear and systems utilizing complex personal computers. Take part in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal agencies that are regulatory.
- Assume responsibilities that are operational the lack of the websites the Plant Manager for rotating changes along with other operations.
- Perform the duties for the other classifications in the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be accessible to your workplace all change schedules, including rotating changes; can be necessary to be on standby and/or call-out status and susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
- Advanced understanding of task administration practices and axioms
- Advanced understanding of the description, function and major components for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and air cooling, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and systems that are hydraulic
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring that is handy remote control system when it comes to equipment and systems into the preliminary, primary and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced understanding of expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems used to manage, operate and monitor a wastewater treatment system that is major
- Advanced familiarity with experience with operating, monitoring, keeping and training in the gear and systems when you look at the initial therapy area, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area plus in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide gasoline, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and applying technical information from plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a successful working relationship utilizing the general general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, downline as well as other workgroups.
- Advanced understanding of advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and operations and complex smell control systems also to manage uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge when you look at the application of participative workplace company axioms, like the company preparation procedure, the establishment of criteria and feedback, interaction, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice generating and facilitation.
- Some familiarity with buying policies and procedures
- Skill in assisting long- and short-term workload preparation, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Experience in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure information, difficulty reports and work demands.
- Experience when you look at the application of security policies, procedures and techniques for restricted room entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous power control, crisis response and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing right straight back accidents, respiratory security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other safety information that is department-wide
- Experience in advanced level training to satisfy or go beyond King County, state and regulations that are federal
- Supervisory abilities to lead, coach and teach; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and just simply take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and skills that are decision-making
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- CPR and aid certification that is first
SELECTION PROCESS: A competitive process is is likely to be employed for this selection procedure. Post on interior prospects should include reviews of performance appraisals, personnel files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any last offer. Outside applicants will need associates for sources.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
For lots more information about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific